Monday, November 28, 2011
I got to spend some time sewing this weekend. I still didn't quilt that Rouenneries table runner but I did get this one finished up. I designed this top last week as a prototype but decided the design didn't work for what I had intended. Also, it was a lot harder to piece than I expected. If I make it again I think I'll add white around the two end squares to make it float more.
I really didn't want another table runner on my TBQ pile (there are at least 3 there already) so I forced myself to sit down and quilt this. After playing around a while I came up with this loopy meander.
I used a silver metallic thread which was a bit of a pain to work with. Even using a metallic needle it seemed to break fairly often. I really like the result, it gives it a little more shine!
I also made some progress on my BMQG Kitchen Swap project. Here are the fabrics I received from the fabulously funky Jen at A Quilting Jewel. I've got the top together and just have to get it basted and quilted. At least with this one I have a deadline so it can't linger in the TBQ pile: )