I pulled this one out of the closet for the Blogger's Quilt Festival. It's based on the Garden Twist pattern with a few twists of my own thrown in. I love the interplay of the dark and light blues but I thought it needed some yellow to add more contrast.
Some fun facts about this quilt:
- This is one of the few quilts I've made that actually lives on a bed. Someday I'll get around to making matching pillowcases.
- This quilt is entirely hand pieced. Yes, all those flying geese, the borders, all of it.
- I pieced the entire center section in a week. We were on vacation in Maine and it rained the whole time. The flying geese took a lot longer!
- This is the quilt that convinced me it was time to make friends with my sewing machine.
- This is the first quilt I quilted on the longarm. I used a butterfly panto for the center and outer borders but did stitch in the ditch around all those geese. It took me two full days!
I'm not sure when I started this but according to the label I finished it June 2008. So good of me to label my quilt: ) Be sure to grab a cup of tea, kick back and enjoy all the other fabulous quilts and thanks to Amy for organizing!