August with the fabrics I used for the BMQG/Quiltcon challenge, That's So Random. There are tons of great tutorials on how to make hexies but I make mine the way the awesome Jaybird Quilts does it... all 110 of them.
For the quilting I started with an offset hexagon around one of the hexagons and then just echoed that shape out to the edges. For the smaller hexagons I just eyeballed it but as I moved out I got pickier and used masking tape as a guide. I loved working with this orange pearl cotton!
Finished quilt is 16" x 16"
Fabrics: Kona Cotton Cyan, Azure, Candy Green, Lime, Chartreuse, Buttercup, School Bus, Tangerine, Medium Gray, Coal, White.
Batting: Quilter's Dream Orient
Thread: YLI Silk 224, Valdani Pearl Cotton(12) - 204