I was so NOT going to show you this but it's been awhile since I've posted and I think people like seeing the bloopers of quilts gone wrong. Way back in May I showed you my Sherbet Pips zig-zag. The rows were all completed but I wanted to add some borders to make it fit Audrey's full-sized bed. Time passed, I worked on some other things, it was summer and the kids needed to be entertained... in the back of my head a vision for these borders was coming together and this week I finally put it in motion.
Hopefully you can see where I was trying to go with this. I wanted a thin white inner border to stop the zig-zag and then the on-point diamonds would be offset to mimic the zig-zag. On the top and right I've almost got it right. I did so much math and really thought I had it! Unfortunately I was doomed from the start! For this to work the sides would need to match but I start with a zig and end with a zag. Sigh!
Now it's back to the drawing board. The easy way out is to just quilt the zig-zags and have another throw. I can even make a second throw with the borders: set them all horizontally with some wide stripes in between. For now it's back to the WIP pile while I wait for another flash of inspiration.