Monday, February 14, 2011
Sunday, February 13, 2011
I put the last stiches in the binding of this 30 minutes before guests arrived for our Valentine's party. I started this last February so I'm so glad to have it finished. Not sure why I agonized over it so much. All that it needed was some quilting in the corners. I finally came up with a loopy heart doodle and after lots of practice went for it. It came out quite nicely but on the dark brown print it hardly shows. Of course half-way through the 3rd corner I ran out of thread so that required yet another trip to my LQS. Lucky for me it's only 7 minutes from home so my emergency quilting supply runs aren't a big deal: )
Sunday, February 6, 2011
So after lots of agonizing I finished this quilt and it's destined for the auction after all. I ended up doing some outline stitching around the feathers on the two outer edges. I fudged it a bit, one side has more rows and they are a bit further apart than the other, so in the end it came out looking fairly balanced. I added a striped binding and just need to get a label on it and it will be ready to go. As far as learning experiences go it was pretty painful but it reinforces something I've known for awhile, I should be thinking about the quilting from the begining. Possibly why I have 14 quilts in my TBQ (to be quilted) pile!
Tuesday, February 1, 2011
I can just feel Valentine's Day creeping up on me. I'd totally hate Valentine's day! I think it's a holiday invited by Kleenex to push product. It's only saving grace is that it's a holiday devoted to pink, and pink is my color. Somehow I have not one, but two Valentine WIPs lingering from last year.